Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Beginning of the End

As of last evening, a glistening white placard with capital red letters announces that our townhouse is SOLD. Peering at that sign for the first time brought a flood of emotions...a tsunami of joy at the Lords' provision and obvious intervention, a river of wonder at the mere speed of the transaction, a waterfall of gratitude to our family and friends who made the whole transition possible through their prayers and resourcefulness, a shower of delight that our realtor's efforts were successful and speedy, and a sprinkling of dread as I briefly considered all of the work that lies ahead of us in the next 4 weeks. My husband, however, hit the ground running. He's already packing boxes, figuring what furniture will go where, and making his Lowe's wish list. I'll admit that I am usually the one who takes the project leadership role. However, my mental and emotional capacity right now is generally overshadowed by class preparation, packing children's lunches, dressing/undressing/bathing children, and making sure they are where they need to be when they need to be. Yes, of course I'm happy...I just lack the energy to enter into exuberant celebration mode. Call it self-protection or maybe shock that our dream is becoming a reality...this is where I am right now. So, we say good-bye to one era and enter into a new phase. After nearly 10 years of marriage, we will live in our own single-family house. I am in awe of the Lord's provision and goodness in giving us this gift. When Heather gets speechless, it must be a big deal. :)

4 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Really neat! So glad you found a house and are moving soon.

Classic MaMa said...

The Lord is so very good, isn't he? I know how you feel about the moving thing. We did that at this exact time last year. :) I have boxes if you need boxes. Give me a call.

Trish said...

How great that everything is moving along so fast! And nice that your husband is taking the lead on this one, especially with how much else you have going on. Good luck with the move!

Trish said...

By the way, I tagged you (completely optional if you want to play along)!